We have 12 PCs (excluding Macs, NUCs, test bench & notebooks) at home and they're all housed in Soldam WiNDy cases. These cases were Made in Japan and are the most refined in the market today and the attention to detail is definitely second to none.
Here's a breakdown of the 12 PCs :
- 7 are mine : 2 web surfing & productivity PCs, 3 gaming rigs (1 air-cooled & 2 custom liquid-cooled), 1 HTPC (in the master bedroom) & 1 backup / auxiliary multi-purpose rig
- 1 for my wife
- 2 for my daughter
- 1 each for my 2 sons
- 1 for guests
... and here's a little component choice tip from me :
With more than 2 decades of experience meddling with PCs and a decade directly involved in the industry, I've narrowed down the choice of brands to the following as they have some of the most reliable & stable as well as good performing PC components in the industry :
- Mobo : Asus for reliability, compatibility and stability. ASRock and Gigabyte are worthy alternatives. Everything else is a compromise !
- Memory : Crucial, G.Skill, Kingston, Corsair and A-Data (stay away from PNY and Mushkin as I've encountered quite a lot of incompatibility issues with these brands)
- SSD : Samsung, Crucial, Toshiba / OCZ and Intel mainly for their no nonsense to reliability
- HDD : Not many choices nowadays with only Western Digital and Seagate in the market so it's more of a lottery (i.e. batch dependent) if you ask me.
- Gfx Card : Asus, XFX, EVGA, Gigabyte and Sapphire
- Power Supply : Either Seasonic, OEMed by Seasonic (eg. certain Corsair models) or OEMed by Delta (eg. Antec HCP series). FSP and Superflower are decent manufacturers too
- Case : Definitely WiNDy and Abee ... DUH ! (but I'd pick Lian Li if I'm on a budget) ... and a big NO to all those gigantic and back breaking steel cases !
- Keyboard : Topre, Happy Hacking, DeCK and Filco ... or Unicomp for the wonderful buckling spring if you don't mind poor workmanship on the keyboard case
- Case Fan : Delta, NMB-MAT (formerly known as Panaflo) and Scythe-sourced fans (Scythe doesn't actually make fans but they certainly know where to find the best OEMers !)
- Heatsink : Noctua, Thermalright & Scythe (looks like Scythe has returned to the leaderboard with their Ninja 4 !)
- Waterblock : EK & Watercool Heatkiller
- Radiator : HWLabs Black Ice & Feser X-Changer (for mainstream price with decent performance, I'd choose EK, Swiftech and XSPC - I suspect they're all made by the same manufacturer in the Far East)
- Tubing : Tygon (or basically those manufactured by Saint-Gobain including Durelene)
Brands I will not touch even with a 10-foot pole :
- MSI aka Micro-Star
- Zotac (mainboards)
- EVGA (mainboards)
- Swiftech (waterblocks)
Click on the following links to view my PCs :